Skip to main content

Life is like a dream

Life is like a dream, isn’t it? Everything comes and goes before you knew it. Most of the times, we can’t really recall what we dreamt of the previous minute when we were fast asleep and yet, we had already woke up from it. Be that as it may, there were still dreams where you’ll never forget, not while you can still breathe. Some of them consist of nightmares while the rest, or rather most of them, were sweet dreams. Nobody can stay awake for their whole life; one must take a rest and sleep. However, it is also impossible for one to fell asleep all the time either. I know it sounds contradicted but that is the fact. Dreams can’t be programmed, unlike the computer. Therefore, it is similar to life: it is at some point yours’, but not exactly yours actually. @.@” When I am having a nightmare, I would say to myself:” Oh, what a dream!? I wonder how long this will last”. It is interesting because the answer that it expected ( which is:” Not for very long, I should think”) always appears when I am in the middle of a sweet dream (of being a Paladin in Dungeons and Dragons for instance). It seems to ruin my life and I would get fed up with it. I guess that most, if not all of us feels the same way. The waking up part can be life-saving. But again, it is always Coupe de Grace instead. I guess that this is life (at least it is for me)-unexpected, a mixture of bitter, sweet, sour, salty, spicy (alliteration! XD) etc. Enough of introduction I presume? Let’s get down to business shall we? (Righty right then Mr. XXX)

I had a sweet-dream-in-disguise recently and it started off as a nightmare (looks alike, only). Well, someone such as me is actually quite introverted in nature (feel free to disagree as I know you definitely will). I am shy, especially when it comes to meeting strangers. Now you know how horrified am I the first time I stepped into TB13. A first year with no experience nor gone through any audition among a bunch of seniors (There must be a problem somewhere back then but I haven’t manage to found it out until now)? But, it seems that I’ve got it all wrong as they were actually all good brothers and sisters (as I personally claimed them to be). It was a bit of a problem because I am a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to acting. How worried it got me seeing every other cast get themselves so quickly into character. I’ve thought of giving up, fearing that such noob like me would spoil the masterpiece. It’s like bumping into a broom cupboard where you would feel the pain and embarrassment (what a weight on my shoulder, luckily I do my push-ups regularly). Memorizing the lines is quite easy for a character like mine but the amazing thing is that I found myself constantly quoting the lines of others (whatever for). O.o” Millisecond by millisecond passed as we practiced until almost midnight, daily. It is quite tiring, but also fun at the same time. Without me noticing it, the day has come for us to go for a full-dressed rehearsal at KL Pac (The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre). That very night after I retired to A741, a strong feeling of sorrow plunged me into a (not Mid) valley. I am afraid to report that the change of scene did nothing to lift my spirits. I suddenly realized that it was nearing the end of the journey after going through 39 stops including Say Kent, Watt Kent Pee Kent etc. I’ve expected it, but there’s this feeling of unwillingness to let go. I know that one week is not a long time but I really enjoyed the company of my recently added siblings. There’s this regret of not getting to know them earlier because they were about to graduate after this semester. It nearly made my tears roll down but I managed to suppress it with sleep. :-D All the efforts turned into results when the day finally comes. Sherlock Holmes: The Missing Link. If Bon Jovi sang “You gave love a bad name”, I would say that we all give the play a magnificent name (although there’s no lens in the magnifying glass and the brandy is too much). Agreed (You have to, anyway)? If you still insisted on objecting it, suit yourself then (but why would you do that?). It was tough as I’ve never imagined that it would be so difficult for me to get out of the Sherlock Holmes mood. Still, life has to go on. But I do hope that our paths will cross once again. A pleasure getting to know all of you and I had a good time working together with you guys.
The whole experience is like a having a sweet dream, and though it ended quite quickly (I wished that it never ends actually), it will remain in my heart, for a long long time. I say again, a long long time.

“… And no matter how far,
Where you may be,
I just close my eyes,
And you’re in my dreams.
There you will be,
Untill we meet.

I’ll always look back,
As I walk away.
These memories will last,
For eternity…”


Touché guys, touché!
(Elementary, my dear!)

Till then, take care.



With LOVE,
KS42030 (That’s me!!!)

p/s: Sealed with a kiss.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a touching entry it is! Seriously, I am so touched and deelpy moved. You are a real cool guy, you know that? When you first met us, you were so shy that everyone of us can eat you up it seemed. Haha! But, eventually we get so closed, and you even called us "recently added siblings". How nice is that. I guess everyone of us can't really get out of the mood of Sherlock Holmes until now because it was a fantastic experience that we can get together and the togetherness is absolutely priceless. I was thinking of giving up also, but then I am glad that I didn't, otherwise I won't be having you as my little brother(not the one inside the undies)! Haha! You are cool, and so is your lovey dovey girlfriend. I love you guys, and I really hope that we can work together again and again, endlessly! I feel like crying when you said why didn't you know us earlier and now we are graduating soon. Wow! Though we are going to graduate, but it will never stop us from getting closer, will it? I am so grateful that I have you to be my buddy, sincerely speaking. Touche dear, touche!

Ed
I really appreciate you all.

"We ride together, we die together. Brothers and sisters for life."

God bless.
Anonymous said…
Raphael, thank you...for this heart-warming post...and for everything else. Yes indeed, all your "recently added siblings", your "korkor and jiejie" couldn't get out of this Sherlock Holmes thingy too, and we miss you loads!! Your killer smile and your "shyness" and all. You are right, we have to go on with our individual life but hey, this is a walk to remember and we WILL keep in touch right? (pls say yes...) We will always remain as good friends and reminiscing about this play ya? So don't worry, the show may have ended but our priceless friendship has just begun, amen? Once again, thanks for everything, my caring Edmund! hehe... =)

Esther(Lucy Matravers)
Am I THAT old!? I don't look that old am I? I love ur words! I'm a blog-addict by the way...
U hv very good ways to express urself in words... *salute~
Keep blogging! Then i shall keep reading!


Ninny Watson
gabrielle said…
it was hard for us to let go too as it is our final project...regretted we didnt start preparing it earlier,then we would have spent more time together, get to know each other better,right?

anyway, am glad to get to know everyone in the team...because we all had done something crazy together...(especially you, you were the last one to join the team...)

-fui-
Karyn Wu said…
thanks to this drama thing that i get to know all of u...
although we're coursemates, i think we just started to get along and talked to each other in 2nd sem...Haha...
and also through this drama, i realised that u're pretty naughty...and..'guai lan' sometimes..
but u're funny...
friends forever!

Popular posts from this blog

Scribble

Looking at  the moon tonight, so big and full  and lovely and bright, casting down  a romantic light, I suddenly wonder  how it's like, to be walking on the moon  if I just might. As for you my love  who's on the other side, how I wish  you're right beside, so I can hold you  oh so tight, and get with you  on a long long flight, to a place  where our hearts reside, together forever  side by side. We're born  we've met  we'll wed  and eventually die, but though there'll be  an end to life, my love for you  will never subside, today tomorrow will always be like, the first day we met on the 8th of July.

Patience makes patient

You'd think that it's easy being me. Well, can't really blame you for that because it does appear to be so most of the times. Throughout these years I've been learning how to control my emotions and it does seem in this case that I've done a pretty good job haven't I? It's been quite a while since I last posted anything to my blog but today I'm not here for the sake of updating. "Many a time words that we don't mean get said; those that we do, they kept buried deep inside" (Myself, 2012). Have you ever wondered why our mouths can talk for so long and so eloquently yet only so little of which came out are meaningful? I can say for one that most often than not we talk faster than we actually think, that's why. If there's one thing that I know for sure about life it'd be that you can never judge a book by its cover, just as pictures of most people found on Facebook can never be trusted. Let me give you another example: The tear