Skip to main content

Patience makes patient

You'd think that it's easy being me. Well, can't really blame you for that because it does appear to be so most of the times. Throughout these years I've been learning how to control my emotions and it does seem in this case that I've done a pretty good job haven't I?


It's been quite a while since I last posted anything to my blog but today I'm not here for the sake of updating. "Many a time words that we don't mean get said; those that we do, they kept buried deep inside" (Myself, 2012). Have you ever wondered why our mouths can talk for so long and so eloquently yet only so little of which came out are meaningful? I can say for one that most often than not we talk faster than we actually think, that's why.


If there's one thing that I know for sure about life it'd be that you can never judge a book by its cover, just as pictures of most people found on Facebook can never be trusted. Let me give you another example: The tears coming out from a person's eyes could be brought about by joy and a person who is smiling could be hiding pain away. Having said all that, perhaps life should have a fine print on it that goes:"For illustration purposes only, actual product may vary."


Asked myself a question today regarding the significance of me babbling all these while since I always say what people want to hear and avoid those that are shunned or unpleasant to the ears. You can say that I have more than one face but I like to think of myself as truthful in a way. What is the point of starting an argument which I can foresee will only lead to endless predicaments and no conclusion whatsoever? Isn't life hard enough at times? Nevertheless, you'll be able to sense it if I like you or otherwise because I couldn't care less to put up a facade in front of others, more so if you are someone that I do not have a liking to. But what about the ones whom I love or appreciate?


The fact is: the more I like someone, the more I would keep a distance from them for fear of hurting each other. Now don't take this the wrong way for those who I always hang out and do crazy things with are in no way people whom I dislike, it just wouldn't make sense if that's the case. What I mean to say is that behind all the lame jokes and cruel remarks lies a vulnerable heart longing for a sense of belonging which lasts for eternity. When I am down on my knees I need someone to lift me up; when I don't think that I can go on anymore I need someone there to whisper strength unto me; merely the thought of this person is able to work miracles on me. I shouldn't be too demanding they say, yet nobody likes to have too many regrets in life and so do I. 


I am grateful because wherever I go I've met with many helpful individuals, without which I would've broken down beyond repair. I'm also thankful for all the things that God has granted me, including the trials and tribulations along the way meant for me to go through and come out as a better person. 


Long is the road,
heavy is the load;
Dark is the night,
where is the light?

Do what is right,
stand up and fight;
It'll come into sight,
a future that's bright.

Fear not of plight,
pray for wisdom and might;
For the shepherd will goad,
and relieve you of your load.

There are times when action is required to make things work but at times one can only afford to wait. If patience is a virtue I think I'm definitely getting there because I've been waiting, all thanks to the saying "good things come to those who wait". I'm still waiting, yet I do not know for what or whether it's worth the wait. But then again, what choice do I have?

Comments

Anonymous said…
“Good relationship don't just happen..They take time, patience and two people who want to be together.”

Popular posts from this blog

Life is like a dream

Life is like a dream, isn’t it? Everything comes and goes before you knew it. Most of the times, we can’t really recall what we dreamt of the previous minute when we were fast asleep and yet, we had already woke up from it. Be that as it may, there were still dreams where you’ll never forget, not while you can still breathe. Some of them consist of nightmares while the rest, or rather most of them, were sweet dreams. Nobody can stay awake for their whole life; one must take a rest and sleep. However, it is also impossible for one to fell asleep all the time either. I know it sounds contradicted but that is the fact. Dreams can’t be programmed, unlike the computer. Therefore, it is similar to life: it is at some point yours’, but not exactly yours actually. @.@” When I am having a nightmare, I would say to myself:” Oh, what a dream!? I wonder how long this will last”. It is interesting because the answer that it expected ( which is:” Not for very long, I should think”) always appears wh

Scribble

Looking at  the moon tonight, so big and full  and lovely and bright, casting down  a romantic light, I suddenly wonder  how it's like, to be walking on the moon  if I just might. As for you my love  who's on the other side, how I wish  you're right beside, so I can hold you  oh so tight, and get with you  on a long long flight, to a place  where our hearts reside, together forever  side by side. We're born  we've met  we'll wed  and eventually die, but though there'll be  an end to life, my love for you  will never subside, today tomorrow will always be like, the first day we met on the 8th of July.